COLOR.

12:17 PM



My ongoing obsession with color only gets stronger as the days and years go by. I always look back on my time spent at SCAD and wish I could re-take one of my early courses in Color Theory. It's funny how relevant the topic has been in life with everything from buying for the store to just the way I see things on a daily basis. In more ways than one, I consider the use of color EVERYTHING!  It goes without saying but it's one of those elements that can really make or break a design or even an experience. 

I am drawn to very specific colors and/or mixes of hues.  Soft, soothing with a pop of surprise is how I like to describe what I'm into. Like anyone, I go through phases that are dictated by specific colors. Army greens, navy blues, black, mustard, mauvey-pinks are always constants. When I was in my second year of art school, I went 8 months wearing ONLY black as an experiment (sO coOl, rigHt?) and only played around with textures and layers. I still have a piece of that girl in my soul but simply cannot deny my love for certain pastels, polka dots and florals.

Here are a few of my favorite images that I've been saving for a bit. They're springy, happy and inspiring. If you like what you see, head over to my Color Board on Pinterest for more and for credits.













You Might Also Like

0 comments