L.A Inspired Shop Sounds

12:13 PM













Just popping in to share the shop's new spring Spotify playlist! The whole mix is inspired by the sunshiny weather we've been experiencing but it's mostly paying homage to my recent trip to Los Angeles. My fiancé and I spent a week traveling all over L.A at the end of February to celebrate our engagement and completely fell in love with the city. I've been to LA before as a little kid but this time around was clearly different. Since most of the time we were stuck in the car as we mapped out which neighborhoods we were going to explore, music played a huge role in our overall experience. 


 It felt super dreamy driving up and down the PCH into Malibu listening to The Rolling Stones and Eagles, blasting The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds while heading from The Getty down into Beverly Hills, listening to Real Estate after our bike ride through Venice, and remembering Elliot Smith while driving through the streets of Silver Lake.  Oh, and who can forget listening to Janis Joplin as our highly entertaining tour guide blasted Piece of My Heart while passing her final home on a Dearly Departed Tour (GO ON THIS! especially if you're a fan of notorious information like i am) It's so important, atleast for us, to listen to specific music during specific experiences because it's a fantastic way music can transport you to certain memories even when they're long gone. 

A lot of people note that the shop's overall feel kind of has an L.A vibe although it's in the heart of New Jersey. But the style and aura of L.A really spoke to me and will continue to inspire me. I love the mix of super casual, beachy bohemian but done in a really elevated way. The ultimate "beach meets the city" aesthetic. It's safe to say I'm going to make sure I visit as much as I can because it made my soul happy & felt oddly like home. It made me feel even more appreciative that I call one of the coasts my home & to take time to see the beauty in our life by the water. 

So, here are a few photos to share & also a playlist to enjoy :)




we stayed in an awesome airbnb right near venice - so we spent a ton of time there. it totally stole my heart. this was taken on a morning walk after a quick breakfast at The Cow's End Cafe which was so great for people watching and getting a feel of the type of charm & quirk Venice is known for.

Had to pay Amoeba Records a visit & went crazy on some vinyl to bring back home


The absolutely gorgeous and peaceful view from The Getty museum gardens. 

Mike was definitely having an existential experience as an architect at the Getty - geeking out over how the entire place is lined up on a grid. This picture was mid-freak out with the skyline highlighted in the background <3 



 finally got to go to Joan's on Third!! merchandising  + foodie dream. I also spotted one of my favorite female singers Jessie Baylin sitting with a friend at a table. I want to be Joan one day!

sat in the audience for a taping of Conan on the Warner Brothers Lot! 
Judd Apatow & Wyatt Cenac were the guests. 
driving through Silver Lake and into Echo Park where we had drinks at Little Joy which felt like one of our old favorite neighborhood bars back in Brooklyn.

our last lazy lunch of the vacation spent at Gladstones in Pacific Palisades - a place I went to as a little girl with my parents and have a treasured photo my mom took of myself & my dad walking down this very beach. It was sweet to return 20 years later and send them pictures. 


one of the highlights of the trip was riding bikes from Venice to the Santa Monica Pier. it was absolutely peaceful to just cruise and stare at the gorgeous sky over the pacific ocean with the fresh air in your face.  I'll be honest, I was disappointed by the overall feel of the Santa Monica Pier. Think Coney Island, which is kitschy but still a bit gritty. It's probably good for kids and definitely better at night when the rides are on. But the sights were still gorgeous obviously.  

"beverly hills- what a thrill!"



A side note: we stopped into a random Urban Outfitters pretty early on in the trip and I fell in love with this gorgeous white musk scent. I wore it every day throughout the trip and now I keep it with me when I want to reminisce about it. Scent (along with music) is another favorite way I can successfully remember moments forever and ever. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments